Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Technology Ignoramus

Guest post from: Bruno Smith

Technology is just not my area of expertise but when you own your own business you have to be an expert in everything. I’ve been working with an IT guy in my neighborhood for a few weeks on getting things done around here that need to be upgraded and he’s helped me back up all our old files as well as go to t1internet.net to make sure we’ve got the fastest internet available. I feel like we’re in a better place now than we’ve been in weeks and that’s really comforting. There were times when I felt like I was in over my head and it’s nice to know I’m not the only one who has these issues – getting in touch with my IT guy is like trying to arrange an appointment with the president! But at the end of the day all the big decisions are still in my hands and that’s intimidating – I want to do right by this company and make sure it’s around for the long haul.

No comments: